NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Notice is hereby given that the City of Walford, Iowa, will accept sealed bids at the City Clerk’s Office, 120 5th Street N, Walford, Iowa, 52351, for the purchase of property owned by the City and located at 300 1st Avenue W, Walford, Iowa, until July 7, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. All bids shall be in writing and shall be submitted in person or by U.S. Mail in a sealed envelope with “300 1st Ave W Bid” printed on the outside. The City Clerk shall note on the outside of each envelope the date and time the bid was received.
All bids shall be opened and read aloud at the City Clerk’s Office at 1:00 p.m. on July 7, 2017. The highest bidder will be announced and will be required to execute a purchase agreement in the form on file with the City Clerk no later than August 10, 2017, at 3:30 p.m. The sale shall close on or before September 14, 2017.
Acceptable bids will include the following:
- The name of bidder;
- The name of the appropriate contact person, if the bidder is not an individual;
- The mailing address of the bidder;
- The telephone number of the bidder or the contact person;
- The email address of the bidder or the contact person;
- The amount of the bid; and
- The bidder’s intended use of the property.
The following rules shall apply to all bids and potential buyers:
- The minimum bid shall be $17,000.00;
- Payment of the purchase price shall be made in guaranteed funds and shall not be subject to any contingency.
- The City will not warrant title to the property;
- The City will not warrant the fitness of the property for any particular purpose;
- The City reserves the right to waive irregularities in the bids;
- The City reserves the right to reject all bids; and
- No purchase agreement shall be binding upon the City unless and until it is approved by the Walford City Council pursuant to Section 364.7 of the Code of Iowa.
Questions regarding this process should be directed to the City Clerk by U.S. Mail at 120 5th St N, Walford, IA 52351, by telephone at 319-846-3103, or by email at email@example.com.
Dated at Walford, Iowa, this 5th day of June, 2017.
Janet Gann, City Clerk